A monster used to live in my walls.
When I was about 3-4 years old I had the same nightmare every night for about a
year. It was always the same thing over and over again. There would always be
the same monster chasing me around and trying to capturing me. The way I
remember it was that the monster looked like cookie monster except that his
eyes were apart and it was twice as tall. The monster never made any noises but
it walked very awkwardly. It walked very slowly and looked like it was limping
all the time. It always carried a giant brown club and would use it to hit me
after it caught me.
Every nightmare, a door would appear
in the same exact spot on the same wall. The only good thing was that the
monster not the sharpest knife in the drawer. But there were far more bad
things to cover that one up. For example a con was that my parents or any other
family member could never see it. I would try to tell them every time but they
acted like I was crazy and just ignored me then went back to watching television.
I was really confused every time this happened because the monster was a 7 ft.
tall blue thing limping around the entire house. The only way I could get a
break from that thing for a few minutes is if I hid somewhere. Then it would
always go upstairs and I would get a three minute break. After running around
for half an hour (in nightmare time,) the monster would end up catching me.
This was an every night thing for a year. Every night I would be terrified
going to sleep. After it caught me, it would tie me up onto a stick in the
middle of the living room and hit me with its gigantic club. Then I’d wake up
at about 4:30am in the morning and feel scared and confused. I was confused
because I had no idea why I had this nightmare all the time. I was scared because
I was just chased by a 7ft. blue monster which just hit me over a hundred
times. After that, I would just lay in my bed until I had to go to school.
Every morning I go to school tired and paranoid.
This
nightmare got me freighted of my own wall. Every time I had walk past it, I
would walk as far away as possible. I felt like I was stuck in a level in a
video game that I couldn’t figure out how to beat. I never figured out why I
had this nightmare or what had caused it. I even tried to persuade my mom to
move to a different house or tear down the wall. This nightmare made me so
paranoid that I always carried some sort of toy weapon with me whenever I
walked past the wall. In one nightmare I actually had my toy weapon with me and
I hit the monster. Nothing happened but all I was thinking was “You failed me
toy.” Since the toy failed my I figured that it was useless. I stopped carrying
the sword but I started to carry other things like my favorite power ranger
hoping that it would be in my dream top save me.
This nightmare kept haunting me for
a year until one night I defeated the monster……. I think. As usual I ran around
for a bit and trying to tell my parents about the monster. As always they
ignored me. But then when the monster went upstairs, I went into the door it
always came out of. When I saw the inside I was really freaked out. The inside
looked exactly like my room which was a small room with a small bed, a baby bed
(my brothers), and a closet. I was just standing there in shock until I heard
something slam into the door. The monster! I thought. It was trying to push its
way in and I was using all my strength (of a 3 year old), and push back. Then
suddenly my dream stopped right then. It was still 4:30am in the morning like
always, and woke up confused. I had a million questions bouncing around in my
head like what just happened. My thought is that the nightmares were like a
survival thing based on time. It was like I had to survive the nightmare
without being caught until time was up. After my nightmare I just laid in my
bed half happy and half frightened. I just stayed in my bed until I had to go
to school that day. But that day I felt different. I felt like I had
accomplished something. I felt like I deserved a badge for defeating that
monster. That entire day I felt the most confident I had ever been.
After that night, I never had that
nightmare again. I have had other nightmares about twice a year but I have
found a weird ability that I have when facing other nightmares. Strangely, if I
see something scary I tell my real self in my nightmare to wake up. It’s a
weird ability but I love it. I feel like the reason I have that ability is
because of my one year nightmare. And although I never had that nightmare
again, I still stayed away from that wall and I stopped carrying a power ranger
around.
Your memoir is really good. I love how i can really feel like i am in the nightmare. You do a really good job with details.
ReplyDeletei think thatthe details are amazing and i feel
ReplyDeletelike im in the nightmare, i like that you told us what you felt after the nightmare